- Fixed bug on LastFM import
- About screen formatting
Monthly Archives: January 2010
Just a few minor bug fixes:
- Sync has a delay of 15 min before it first occurs
- Can dismiss the notifications by clicking on them (useful for when Android kills the process because it takes too much memory)
- I added an import threshold for LastFM, which looks at the playcount and determines if it is worth importing the artist. By default the playcount has to be more than 5 to import but you can change this under settings.
- The sync mechanism is changed. Syncs are done using an inexact alarm now so that it will not wake the phone up unnecessarily. Also, syncs now occur every 5 days. There is still some issue with memory management which results in the process being killed every now and then. It’s not so easy to reduce the memory though so I think users are going to have to live with this, um, “feature” for now. The syncs should hopefully be a little more robust too, so that even if you restart your phone the next sync date will not be pushed back like it was previously. I didn’t do much testing though so let me know if you find an error.
- I shortened Tweets because the URL link was being truncated.
- There is now no limit on the number of artists imported from LastFM.
- There is a new preference for hiding events which are not nearby.
- Artists with an ‘&’ in their name will work as expected now.
I am contemplating a rather large rewrite of Alice and want to get as much feedback from the users as possible before I start.
Some of the suggestions so far include:
- More ability to filter results (ie only nearby)
- Multiple locations
- Addition of more event sources
- Local artist suggestions
- Better search
- Link to YouTube videos
- No limit on LastFM artist import
- Discography information
Let me know what you think and help shape Alice into something you want!