Monthly Archives: January 2010


  • Fixed bug on LastFM import
  • About screen formatting


Just a few minor bug fixes:

  • Sync has a delay of 15 min before it first occurs
  • Can dismiss the notifications by clicking on them (useful for when Android kills the process because it takes too much memory)

1.6.1 Released

Release Notes:

  • I added an import threshold for LastFM, which looks at the playcount and determines if it is worth importing the artist. By default the playcount has to be more than 5 to import but you can change this under settings.
  • The sync mechanism is changed. Syncs are done using an inexact alarm now so that it will not wake the phone up unnecessarily. Also, syncs now occur every 5 days. There is still some issue with memory management which results in the process being killed every now and then. It’s not so easy to reduce the memory though so I think users are going to have to live with this, um, “feature” for now. The syncs should hopefully be a little more robust too, so that even if you restart your phone the next sync date will not be pushed back like it was previously. I didn’t do much testing though so let me know if you find an error.
  • I shortened Tweets because the URL link was being truncated.

1.6.0 Released

Release Notes:

  • There is now no limit on the number of artists imported from LastFM.
  • There is a new preference for hiding events which are not nearby.
  • Artists with an ‘&’ in their name will work as expected now.

Major New Version in Planning Stages

Hi All

I am contemplating a rather large rewrite of Alice and want to get as much feedback from the users as possible before I start.

Some of the suggestions so far include:

  • More ability to filter results (ie only nearby)
  • Multiple locations
  • Addition of more event sources
  • Local artist suggestions
  • Better search
  • Link to YouTube videos
  • No limit on LastFM artist import
  • Discography information

Let me know what you think and help shape Alice into something you want!